Scharnhorst plans and drawings

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
rtwpsom2

Scharnhorst plans and drawings

Post by rtwpsom2 »

If anyone is interested, I have found some of the Bundesarchive drawing numbers for Scharnhorst. Here's the ones I can find on the drawings I have.

RM 25/5-1 Takelriß 1:100
RM 25/5-5 Linienriß 1:100
RM 25/5-7 Ruder-und Schraubenanordnung 1:100
RM 25/5-10 Obere Ansicht 1:100
RM 25/5-32 Dockzeichnung 1:200

I have these drawings from the Bundesarchive as well, but can't find numbers for them:

Gesamtlängriss U. Querschnitte 1:100
Ruder-und Schraubenanordnung/Querschnitte 1:100
Gesamtdraufsicht, Teildraufsicht 1:100
rtwpsom2

Re: Scharnhorst plans and drawings

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Just to let you know in case you find going through the bundesarchiv to arduous a task, I intend to produce a set of drawings of the Scharnhorst. I think there will probably be a basic set and an advanced set, but it's not nailed down yet. So let me ask you guys this, what do you guys want to see in a good set of drawings?
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Obviously....everything that can be included!!!

Kind regards
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

That goes without saying, my question refers more to format, style, that kind of thing. For instance, I plan on doing a detail sheet that will show things like weapons and cranes and such as part of the advanced set. If I m doing a 1:100 scale drawing, I would like to see the details in 1:50th scale, but that's just me. Some people might find that too complicated and want them in 1:100th also. Opinions? Comments? What did you see in other drawings that you hated? What did you see that you liked? What scales would you like to see?