Bismarck Plans

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
dgrubb64

Bismarck Plans

Post by dgrubb64 »

I have previously built a model of the Bismarck to a scale of 1/144 many years ago. I would now like to replace the model as my modelling experience has improved and I do not think my previous model does it justice. Is there any where I can get a copy of a set of plans to 1/128 scale.

I have also noticed that most model plans only show one side of a ship and not both and seem to assume that both sides (port and starboard) are the same and do not vary even in the smallest details. Does any one know of plans that show both sides and also is there any plans that show the Bismarck as origionally built and also have inserts to show the modifications that were done or what parts were added in what order.
ontheslipway
Supporter

Post by ontheslipway »

The Gally planset or Harhaus planset are both 1:100 drawing showing anything on the ship you might need. The Harhaus planset shows the boats and launches more in detail and may be more expensive (€149/$185). The Gally set is drawn finer.

You can order the Harhaus set here:

http://www.harhaus.de/

If you have some patience, you can wait for the next "Anatomy of the Ship: Bismarck", to be published halfway 2005.
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Also, the Polish monographs of Miroslaw Skwiot “Pancerniki typu Bismarck”, vols. 15-19, published by AJ-PRESS include excellent drawings in A1 size of both sides of Bismarck and Tirpitz with the different modifications carried out. Check the book section of the site.
dgrubb64

Post by dgrubb64 »

thanks for all your help but I managed to get a set from another modeller that a friend knows. but again thanks for all your help
bellissimo

plans

Post by bellissimo »

hi dgrubb64 i have the same( pl) can you help with the plans for the bismark t.you you can imail me at dello200@earthlink.net