SMS Wiesbaden

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

SMS Wiesbaden

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

Some nice pictures of the SMS WIESBADEN are on an interesting webpage:

http://www.u-boot-net.de/phpBB/viewtopi ... e201e0fd87 22146b

A member writes: "Well, I had not been to City Hall for some time, but I went there once more to take a few pictures of the [SMS] WIESBADEN model. It will be shown to the public only 31.5. to 1.6. Otherwise it is housed in a junk-storage room. Supposedly this is done because of the fear of vandalism (in the closely video-guarded City Hall…..). One common feature has been already "correctly" :silenced: removed so that it cannot provoke offense to anyone {I imagine it was the Kaiser's naval war ensign. UR}. Oh well, at least it was moved out for exhibit and here are a few pictures."

Tja, war seit langem mal wieder im Rathaus um ein paar Bilder vom Modell der Wiesbaden zu machen. Das wird aber nur noch am 31.5. und 1.6. öffentlich gezeigt. Sonst steht es in einer Rumpelkammer. Angeblich wegen zu befürchtendem Vandalismus (im Kameraüberwachten Rathaus ...). Dabei haben sie doch schon ganz korrekt ein Utensil entfernt, das Anstoß erregen könnte.
Naja, man hat es mir aber zumindest raußgeräumt und hier sind ein paar Bilder davon:
Ulrich