Modeling parts

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
russochief

Modeling parts

Post by russochief »

Hello,

Maybe this is not the place for this kind of assistance request. If not my apologies.

I am from Portugal and I am researching on an English merchant ship sunk by a German long range bomber, FW200 Condor, in Peniche-Portugal, March 15th 1942.

Our team are building a 1:100 model of the wreck and of the ship.

Do anyone knows where to buy naval parts like winches, anchors and life-.boats?

Thanks in advance and accept my best regards

Jorge Russo
Byron Angel

Re: Modeling parts

Post by Byron Angel »

russochief wrote:Hello,

Maybe this is not the place for this kind of assistance request. If not my apologies.

I am from Portugal and I am researching on an English merchant ship sunk by a German long range bomber, FW200 Condor, in Peniche-Portugal, March 15th 1942.

Our team are building a 1:100 model of the wreck and of the ship.

Do anyone knows where to buy naval parts like winches, anchors and life-.boats?

Thanks in advance and accept my best regards

Jorge Russo

Jorge,

Try this website - http://www.steelnavy.com/

Byron
ontheslipway
Supporter

Post by ontheslipway »

I wouldn't advise that site at all, by the way :quiet: For a general questions, I would recommended a site as modelwarships or similar.

I would try John Haynes fittings here, for example. He has a separate site but I can't reach it at the moment. There's a small range of 1:100 fittings plus general fitting.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

foeth wrote:I wouldn't advise that site at all, by the way :quiet: For a general questions, I would recommended a site as modelwarships or similar.

I would try John Haynes fittings here, for example. He has a separate site but I can't reach it at the moment. There's a small range of 1:100 fittings plus general fitting.

Foeth,

I've never done any business with Steel Navy, so I am curious. What is the problem with them?

Byron
russochief

Post by russochief »

Thank you so much, John Haynes fittings is going to ber just fine for almost every need of mine for this particular model.

Thanks so much again

Jorge Russo
ontheslipway
Supporter

Post by ontheslipway »

@ Byron: There is no moderation and some members are continuously fighting over minor issues. There are many modeling fora, non of which explode on a weekly basis. It may seem nice there are some well-known modeling people frequently posting on SN, but I find the forum generally unpleasant. So, if you enjoy reading fights and insults, SN is the place to be.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

foeth wrote:@ Byron: There is no moderation and some members are continuously fighting over minor issues. There are many modeling fora, non of which explode on a weekly basis. It may seem nice there are some well-known modeling people frequently posting on SN, but I find the forum generally unpleasant. So, if you enjoy reading fights and insults, SN is the place to be.

..... Alles klar.

Byron