Big scale Bismarck

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Andrei Gorbunov

Bismarck

Post by Andrei Gorbunov »

I don't know what is problem with the site. I can send photos to you directly (if you wish).

Andrei Gorbunov
Andrei Gorbunov
Kit-Builder

Post by Kit-Builder »

Andrei, that’s a very nice offer. I think even the small “thumbs” show your good work. Have you had any major problems so far? I know that a lack of good reference material on my part has led me to guess my way around parts of the ship with the WEM photo-etched sets.
I received “Anatomy of the Ship, The Battleship Bismarck” as a gift and that has shed some light on problems I was having (I’d almost like to start again with a new 1:350 Tamiya kit and scratch build everything from the deck up :stubborn:) and now I have to work with the errors that I’ve found. I’m sure that someone with your proficiency is far removed from these “beginner” mistakes.
Keep us up to date on your BIG scale (that really is a big model :cool: :cool:) ship.
Regards Steve

If you wish to e-mail me any pics on your Bismarck I’d be only to happy to have them and I could post some here for others to see as well.
e-mail address is
steve59deb60@optusnet.com.au
“cowards flee a brave man’s fate”
"Feiglinge fliehen das Schicksal eines tapferen Mannes"
Djoser

Post by Djoser »

Gadzooks! That is one hell of a model! Excuse my language, but nice work...
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

Is anyone familiar with the quality of the B+V 1:200 plans the the Deutsche Schiffahrtsmuseum sells for E27.00?
"Planmappe Schlachtschiff BISMARCK
Auf 14 aufklappbaren großformatigen Plänen, die von der Werft Blohm & Voß bereitgestellt wurden und die Decks- und Raumaufteilung der BISMARCK im Sommer 1940 im Maßstab 1:200 zeigen, wird deutlich, um was für ein kompliziertes System es sich bei dem deutschen Schlachtschiff gehandelt hat, das am 27. Mai 1941 versenkt wurde. Die Pläne werden ergänzt durch eine ebenfalls großformatige Seitenansicht eines Modellbauplans der BISMARCK sowie eine Begleitschrift, die eine kurze Einführung in die Materie liefert und die Komplexität des Schiffes anhand von seltenem Fotomaterial und den wichtigsten technischen Rahmendaten unterstreicht."

14 folded large format maps...........large side views......as well as accompanying text.....and rare photos.......
http://www.dsm.de/2musk.htm
Ulrich