KMS Munich 1940 1/72 scale

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Haratio Fales

Re: KMS Munich 1940 1/72 scale

Post by Haratio Fales »

Picture 172.jpg
Picture 172.jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 12786 times
Picture 173.jpg
Picture 173.jpg (64.76 KiB) Viewed 12786 times
a teaser of Graf Spee in 1/72
a teaser of Graf Spee in 1/72
Picture 179.jpg (95.65 KiB) Viewed 12786 times
Sorry I haven't made any further progress at the moment< I have been working on cleaning My yard/ building a porch-model workshop/ and repairing 2 1972 Mustangs that I have. I hope to get back to the Ship real soon though. I have been saving some concrete powder for the first mold cast and I cant wait to start on that part of the project. Don't get to scared if I take a week or 2 to post new stuff, as I have been working on this since march. I only seems like I was flying because I posted the pictures in a short amount of time but they are a reflection of 5 months of work, so I will always be back with more. I will be glad though when I get caught up with life a bit though and don't have 10 other things holding me up, or Money issues, but sometimes that how it goes. Its time like that where My patience and perserverence Kicks in and I know just as soon as stuff is out of the way, I'll be back on it.
Haratio Fales

Post by Haratio Fales »

Picture 212.jpg
Picture 212.jpg (41.13 KiB) Viewed 12691 times
Picture 211.jpg
(34.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Picture 209.jpg
Picture 209.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 12691 times
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I have been doing allot of research, and learning Auto CAD and learning about 3d printers to use for producing ship parts. I did do some resin cast experiments on the turrets. they didn't come out as planed but for a first attempt I think they could have been worse.
Haratio Fales

Post by Haratio Fales »

230 meters long and 25000 tons. 6/11 inch guns in two, triple turrets. 4/5.9 inch guns in two double turrets placed in conjunction with the main batteries.
230 meters long and 25000 tons. 6/11 inch guns in two, triple turrets. 4/5.9 inch guns in two double turrets placed in conjunction with the main batteries.
kreuzerp1.gif (15.98 KiB) Viewed 12691 times
I have also been researching the Mine ship plans for the Z plan and the Panzerschiffe P class, and the SchlacktKruiser O class ship designes.
Attachments
256 meters long and 35000 tons. 6/15 inch guns in three double turrets. 6/5.9 (or) 8 inch guns in three double turrets, one fore of the aft main battery and two on port and starboard amidship.
256 meters long and 35000 tons. 6/15 inch guns in three double turrets. 6/5.9 (or) 8 inch guns in three double turrets, one fore of the aft main battery and two on port and starboard amidship.
schlachtkreuzero.gif (15.94 KiB) Viewed 12691 times
Haratio Fales

Post by Haratio Fales »

In the 1938 Z plan it was planed to build 12 of the Panzership P design, with 2 to 3 per year and was noted as a replacement for the 3 Admiral Scheer's. The SchlacktKruiser O was planed for 4 and was noted to be replacements for the 2 Sharnhorsts. Like the other ships they would have been light in their Plating to allow for commerce raiding speeds with the focus of outgunning any thing smaller and outrunning anything heavier. Interesting in conjecture though, the Germans definatly had a Christmas wishlist as to what they would have liked to have produced in a Navy. If they could have built even a few of these ships I believe they would have suffered the fate of basically the other Capital ships of the KM and been sunk from the air.

I have been told that their were never actual plans drawn up for these ships but rather out line specifications layed out for them, and yet another source has told me that there were line drawings for them but that they were destroyed at the end of the war to keep the allies from obtaining them. I hope I can find out the truth, and obtain a copy if their are any. I have contacted the Bundes Archives and they have told me that they are looking into it, but Who knows. If any one has any idea's let Me know. I have also sent e mails to Krup, and Blohm and Voss. So hopefully. any way I'll post more on Munich when I get a bit more progress done.
Haratio Fales

Post by Haratio Fales »

Picture 245.jpg
Picture 245.jpg (62.47 KiB) Viewed 12620 times
Picture 244.jpg
Picture 244.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 12620 times
something I've been tooling with lately. a 1/350 scale Spahkreuzer.
Haratio Fales

Post by Haratio Fales »

I have been doing allot of research and have come up with about 10 plans for Z plan ships that were never built. I have also been saving money and waiting for summer weather to show up as to finish building my shop. I apologize for getting stuck in the middle of the project, and promise to post more just as soon as i get back to working on her.
RF

Post by RF »

Haratio Fales wrote: ...they would have been light in their Plating to allow for commerce raiding speeds with the focus of outgunning any thing smaller and outrunning anything heavier. Interesting in conjecture though, the Germans definatly had a Christmas wishlist as to what they would have liked to have produced in a Navy. If they could have built even a few of these ships I believe they would have suffered the fate of basically the other Capital ships of the KM and been sunk from the air.
I am inclined to agree. What they would need is a carrier in company.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.