Lindberg´s Bismarck box art

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Lindberg´s Bismarck box art

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

This is quite unusual but I´ll like to know if someone knows (or has) were I can get at least a copy of the box art of the Lindberg Bismarck. The reason is that, back in 1968-1960, my dad build one Lindberg model of the Bismarck. The only thing I remembered (I was 5 years old) was the box art which look to me more impressive than the model itself.
I´ll appreciate any help provided in this matter.
Thanks.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Admiral-scheer

Post by Admiral-scheer »

Hello Karl,

I found some pictures labelled under 1/350 lindberg though I am not sure if this is correct because I believe it was 1/384 (as mentioned on this site),it also appears to be old so maybe it is the one your dad built,
but anyway here it is:

and this one for the side:

But,now the more I think about it this box does look really nice.It caputures perhaps the best view of the bismarck with it firing a broadside.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Hi Admiral-Scheer,

Thanks a lot for the images! The problem is that the one I remember from so many years ago (maybe I´m just mistaken) showed the Bismarck from her bow and not from her stern, I was plain sure about it. Maybe the art box just changed.
But your images are great and, yes, those are incredible images of the braodside fire.

Very best regards and thanks.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill