Scharnhorst drawings for sell

Related items you have for sale or want to acquire. No commercial vendors please!
rtwpsom2

Scharnhorst drawings for sell

Post by rtwpsom2 »

As many of you may know, I have been working on a 3D CAD model of the Scharnhorst in her 1943 configuration. I recently completed the model and as a way to recoup some costs on the project I used the model to create two sets of drawings for her in 1:100 scale as well as some 1:50 details. The first set is a three sheet "basic" set with elevation and plan views of the ship, as well as the four main isometric (angled) views in 1:200. The plan view sheet includes a number of detail drawings that show the construction of the main superstructure components. Here are a few screen captures:

The second "advanced" set is also three sheets and has more detailed views of each component of the superstructure. The final sheet is in 1:50 scale and shows close up details of all the weapons and accessories, such as the rangefinders, cranes, anchors, etc.

All drawings are 10 feet long by 3 feet tall, with the exception of the final sheet, which is just under 12 feet long. Each set costs $35 US and $13 for shipping and packaging anywhere in the continental US. International shipping will be at cost. Buy both sets and shipping is still $13. Heck buy five or six, and it will probably be the same.

All drawings will be shipped parcel post in a 36" shipping tube, which is included in the cost. Please don't ask me to fold them, I am not any good at it, and I'll charge the same price for shipping anyway (in other words just don't ask :) ). Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail at rtwpsom2@hotmail.com.
Karl Heidenreich

Re: Scharnhorst drawings for sell

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Cannot open the images in order to see them.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

sorry
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Wouldn´t it be nice all the drawings printed in book? Not at that scale, but may be the plans and side elevations in fold out pages at a smaller scale and the details of the armament and superstructure in the original size. May be the people of Nimble can do it, it would be an instant success!!!

Regards
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

I am working with another publisher and many of these will probably appear, albeit at a much reduced scale, in a Scharnhorst book in the future, but I have no timeframe for that. I also plan to do sets of drawings in other scales as a market arises. If anyone would like to see any particular details by themselves or in a particular format, send me an email, I can be very accomodating.
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Can you provide some details about the future book?

Regards
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

There aren't any to provide. We haven't started talking about it any details yet.
racinggreen

Post by racinggreen »

I bought both sets & they are fantastic, the level of detail has to be seen to be believed!
If I get enough money I'm going to have them framed. They are jaw droppingly brilliant !!!!
I can't even begin to comprehend the mount of work that must have gone into this project . This is the must have item for anyone who has an interest in the Scharnhorst.

I really hope this isn't the last ship we see from you. Many many thanks for taking the time to do this & allowing me to own a copy, you're a gent