Three Naval History Books For Sale - each a good read

Related items you have for sale or want to acquire. No commercial vendors please!
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Three Naval History Books For Sale - each a good read

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Should any forum members be interested, I have three good naval history books for sale from my library, all very good reads:

o "The Riddle of Jutland", by Langhorne Gibson and Vice-Admiral J. E. T. Harper, RN, published by Coward-McCann, New York, 1934, first edition, hard cover, no dust jacket, in excellent condition given its age, tight binding, 416 pages. A classic book on the Battle of Jutland, one of the very first published. This is a duplicate from my library. Priced to sell at $8.00 US. This book is now listed on eBay - item 4608903825.

o "Storm Force to Narvik", by Alexander Fullerton, published by McBooks Press, 2004, soft cover, first published in 1979, read once (by me) but otherwise in mint condition, 268 pages. This is a historical novel, based on real events during the invasion of Norway in April, 1940, but using fictional characters and a fictional ship, HMS Intent, as she does battle with KM Admiral Hipper in the seas off of Norway and against KM Zerstorers in the fjords off Namsos. An exciting read! Priced at $7.25 US, original price I paid was $13.95 a few months ago. This book is now listed on eBay - item 8379002690.

o "The Last Battle Station", by Duane Schultz, published by St. Martin's Press, New York, 1985, hard cover, with dust jacket, 271 pages. This is the story of the heavy cruiser USS Houston, CA-30, during the difficult events prior to and right after December 7, 1941, when she was the flagship of the USN's forces in the far east. Tells the frustrating story of her battles in the Java Sea and her ultimate loss to superior IJN forces in Feb/Mar 1942 in the Sunda Strait. Much insight into the overwhelming odds against the Allies in the early months of WW-2 in the Pacific and Indian Oceans. This is a former St Louis Country Library book, and shows some resulting "battle damage", but it is in pretty good shape. The binding is a little loose in spots, but not serious. Priced at $4.00, was $15.95 when new. This book is NOT listed on eBay.

Buyer/buyers to pay actual shipping costs from St Louis, Missouri, USA via US Postal Service. If interested, or if any questions, contact me at Meteor910@aol.com.

Thanks. :D

Derf