can you help me i am trying to find veterans

From the Washington Naval Treaty to the end of the Second World War.
jason

can you help me i am trying to find veterans

Post by jason »

hi all

first of all i do hope i am not braking any rules on here if i am i am sorry its not intended

we need your help please

Ok i am looking for German WWII veterans to attend some events we are running in the UK

we run a show called Autographica http://www.autographica.co.uk/

in the past we have had the likes of

Helmut Maros U-977 radio operator
Jack London was a sailor aboard HMS Exeter during the Battle with Admiral Graf Spee
Sturmann Karl Heinz Decker 12th SS Panzer Division - Normandy 1944: D-Day
John Peters RAF Tornado pilot Captured by the Iraqis gulf war 1
Alexei Leonov first person to ever walk in space
Flt Lt Ken Wilkinson AE Battle of Britain Spitfire Ace
Jim Lovell Apollo 8,Apollo 13
Buzz Aldrin Apollo 11
Dave Scott Gemini 8, Apollo 9 and Apollo 15

to name just a few of the guest we have had in the past

we are desperate to invite German veterans of WWII to our events, we have lots of people that come to the show that want to meet these men of history

CAN SOMEONE FROM GERMANY HELP US WITH THIS PLEASE ??

we will pay for flights and can also pay for a friend/helper or family member to attend the show with them, we will also pay for there stay at a 5 star hotel for the weekend of the event , and a fee so there time is compensated for their involvement in the event , they will be very well looked after

all we would want is for the guests of honer to attend the show take part in a meet and greet with an interpreter and signing autographs and take part in a meal in the evening

we would also looking for someone to help us find some of these men, this person will be offer flights and free stay at the events if they helped us find 3 or 4 guests

below is a list of veterans we are looking for

Battleship Bismarck crew
Battleship Tirpitz crew if there are any still alive ?
battleship Admiral Graf Spee crew
battleship captains
Messerschmitt Me 262 pilots
Heinkel He 162 pilots
Messerschmitt Me109 pilots
people involved in the development or use of the V1 & V-2 rockets (very interested)
Panzer & Tiger tank commanders
U-boat captain & commanders

And any veterans that has an interesting story to tell or was apart of a significant part of WWII, and this also gos for British veterans to

so if you think you can help us with any of this please do get in contact with us my email is

info@showmastersonline.com

or you can call me on outside the uk on 441908671138 or 447973791339

or in the uk 01908671138 or 07973791339

thank you all for reading all this, and i do hope someone can help us bring some of these great men of history to the UK

yours

jason joiner

ps as i said before i do hope this is ok to do this thanks so much
RF

Re: can you help me i am trying to find veterans

Post by RF »

Can you tell us a bit more about the purposes of Autographica? Is it a commercial organisation? If not from where does it obtain funding?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

Perhaps someone can help, but these gentlemen are getting very old, and I'm not aware of any of them who frequent this board.
lwd

Post by lwd »

feldgrau and axishistory might be better places to ask.
jason

Post by jason »

RF wrote:Can you tell us a bit more about the purposes of Autographica? Is it a commercial organisation? If not from where does it obtain funding?
Hi RF the event is run as a business but rarely makes a profit, some years we cover our costs and make a little profit, other years we have made losses, one year was very bad but we got to meet some amazing guest over the years so in the end its not important as long as we can keep doing it , as to funding my self and my two friends Dave & Paul underwrite the outlay of the show.

The guests have a great time and really like to talk to the people that come and pass on there memories which is priceless, the people that attend are really interested in history so we all get a lot out of the weekend

For me talking to George Johnson Dambuster is just great he is such a down to earth guy and a gent and we have had him back to the event for 3 shows now and we hope we will have him attend for many years to come as long as he is well as he loves chatting to the people

Anyway i hope this helps you to understand that its an amazing place and we have a lot of fun running it and meeting everyone

jason
jason

Post by jason »

And great quote mate i love the hunt for red October

j
jason

Post by jason »

Bgile wrote:Perhaps someone can help, but these gentlemen are getting very old, and I'm not aware of any of them who frequent this board.

yes and we are running out of time to meet them, thats why i am really going out to try to get in touch with someone out in Germany to help make this posable, its important to meet some of these men, we are getting to meet many british veterans but i think its so important to meet German and Russian veterans to

any help is so welcome and needed

thanks

jason
jason

Post by jason »

lwd wrote:feldgrau and axishistory might be better places to ask.

thanks for this i will try to go on many of the forums and if you could help spread the word and copy my first post it may help if you wouldn't mind , it may help thanks

yours

jason