Hello, first post this year, so a happy 2012 to all.
I am looking for references regarding details of any class of submarine used by the US Navy during World War II. Among the sort of thing I am looking for are;
1. Crew composition; by this I mean not only how many, but what "job" and rank each member might have had. An example crew detail of a specific boat would be good, too.
2. Technical details; apart from easily found details like speed, test depth, and fuel / battery capacity, I also want things like rates/radii of turn at different speeds, rates of dive/surface, and such. In short, submarine performance.
3. Operational stuff; reload times of torpedoes, crew "watches", crash dive procedures, deck gun securing, attack evasion, etcetera.
4. Weapons; mainly the ones used against submarines, with details such as the radius inside which a depth charge detonation (for example) starts to cause damage.
5. Detection and plotting of contacts, by whatever means, and including range and course estimation methods.
6. Torpedo Data Computer details and development.
7. Cutaway drawings, construction details, and anything generally not usually published with the light hearted student in mind.
I have already found these two links at least; http://www.maritime.org/fleetsub/index.htmhttp://www.fleetsubmarine.com/diving.html
If you know of anything along the lines of what I have described, please let me know. Thanks in advance!