Search found 77 matches
- Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:37 am
- Forum: The Ironclad & Pre-dreadnought Era (1860-1905)
- Topic: Best Armoured Cruiser Design
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8193
Okay guys, so what do you think is the best armoured cruiser design and why. Definition: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_cruiser For the sakes of fairness, the Invincible and Duetschland class (1930) don't count as armoured cruisers even if their navies initially consider them as such, as ne...
- Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:49 pm
- Forum: Naval History (1922-1945)
- Topic: Best cruisers of WWII and the best use of cruisers
- Replies: 171
- Views: 75336
My three cents: The best heavy cruisers were in my eyes the Baltimore class. Good armour, good firepower, great AA and long range. Honourable mentions to the Mogami and AH class, each with good service records. Best use of cruisers: I'd say the Japanese got a lot from their cruisers early on in the ...