Paintwork Query

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Gisbod

Re: Paintwork Query

Post by Gisbod »

Ah thanks Hans,

That’s very helpful. Yes, that was the photo I was going for. I thought yellow was only a possibility, not confirmed, post her departure from the fjord - painted on at sea.

I’ve read the long and complex threads on here regarding turret colours and there seems to be a wide variety of opinions!

Guy
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Gisbod wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:01 am My question is that I can’t place the lower, brighter white rhomboid stepped below the boot line? I know there was a step around the false bow waves, but this seems to be by a ‘Baltic Stripe’. I realise these were painted over but this still seems very noticeable though. I don’t know if the over paint has faded or this is how she presented at the time.

But the seemingly un-overpainted bright white area is perplexing me along with the ‘step’. I can’t seem to visualise that against any photos or colour schemes?
This is the way I see it.
Gisbod

Post by Gisbod »

Yep,

Think you’re right José. It’s just the lighter area to the right of the wreck picture that threw me. It looks like that’s the overpainted white area but it’s not..

Guy