The Bismarck surrender option

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Alberto Virtuani

Re: The Bismarck surrender option

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

Hello everybody,
Herr Nilsson wrote: "I'm curious how a proposed surrender- (or better scuttling-) scenario would look during a gale in a submarine-infested area. What would be the difference compared to the fight to the last shell? "
The only obvious difference would have been that no ship would have been dedicated to Lutjens by the post-war German Navy...

From a casualties point of view, I agree with what Mr.HMSVF has written here (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8742&start=75#p85106)

Bye, Alberto
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
Reubs64

Post by Reubs64 »

To Mr Virtuani, while I would not expect it to be accepted I would like to sincerely apologise for the post I submitted about this man. I have had great pleasure over many years visiting this site and I allowed my own personal feelings with regard to his Denmark strait battle theory to behave in a manner that I personally abhor myself, ie hiding behind a keyboard whilst submitting insults. So in the spirit of Xmas may I repeat my apology and I sincerely hope the sauté can return to being the source of the fantastic wealth of information supplied in the friendly manner it once was . Sincere regards
Reubs64

Post by Reubs64 »

To Mr Virtuani, while I would not expect it to be accepted I would like to sincerely apologise for the post I submitted about this man. I have had great pleasure over many years visiting this site and I allowed my own personal feelings with regard to his Denmark strait battle theory to behave in a manner that I personally abhor myself, ie hiding behind a keyboard whilst submitting insults. So in the spirit of Xmas may I repeat my apology and I sincerely hope the site can return to being the source of the fantastic wealth of information supplied in the friendly manner it once was . Sincere regards
Last edited by Reubs64 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alberto Virtuani

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

Excuses accepted (twice :lol: ) !

Bye, Alberto
Last edited by Alberto Virtuani on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
Reubs64

Post by Reubs64 »

Reubs64 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 am ..,
Reubs64

Post by Reubs64 »

I have tried to delete the offending post with regards Mr Virtuani but my disability makes using a keyboard difficult hence I read more than post on this site. If the post has not been deleted may I request that Mr Rico or Mr Jurens deletes the offending post on my behalf.
Bill Jurens

Post by Bill Jurens »

Deleted as requested.
W. Jurens (moderator)