Exercise Rhine Paint Schemes: A Request and an Offer

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Joe100

Exercise Rhine Paint Schemes: A Request and an Offer

Post by Joe100 »

Greetings!

I’m sure some of you know me from forums past, as I know most of you. I haven’t been too active in the historic research community in the past years but I have been around.

I’m trying to get a handle on what we are now considering to be the best evidence for the Bismarck paint schemes, what we think, best theories; a consensus if you like. It seems that some folks are saying she said with yellow turret roofs, some that she didn’t, canvas over the aerial recognition marks, some that she said with the red banners removed, etc. What I’d like to do is put together a series of drawings of her paint schemes, as we accept them today, and have them available for modification as we get new information or thinking changes. Some of you have seen my art, and I’m well up to the challenge, I just need the data as we see it today. Think almost an hour-by-hour account of Rhine and possibly before if we think that’ll be helpful.

I’d like this to be a group-think exercise with as many folks having input as possible. This way we can get things squared up as best we can in a visual format.

Of course this site will hold the drawings.

What say you?