New Bismarck/Tirpitz Book By Mssrs. Bonomi and Virtuani

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Bill Jurens

New Bismarck/Tirpitz Book By Mssrs. Bonomi and Virtuani

Post by Bill Jurens »

I understand that Mr. Bonomi and Mr. Virtuani have very recently released an Italian-language monograph on Bismarck and Tirpitz as part of the Storia Militare series.

As some may recall, these gentlemen -- though no longer active here -- were once rather active members on this forum, during which period they engaged in a number of rather heated discussions regarding various actions of Bismarck during her first, and final, voyage.

I have not yet seen this document myself, and as this item may potentially be of interest to many, I was wondering if any current members have had a chance to review this item, and if so, if they would be willing to provide a review and/or commentary for other potential purchasers.

Bill Jurens.
paul.mercer

Re: New Bismarck/Tirpitz Book By Mssrs. Bonomi and Virtuani

Post by paul.mercer »

Hi Bill,
It will be interesting to see if you get a mention!
Bill Jurens

Post by Bill Jurens »

During their discussions on this board, my recollection is that the two authors implied that they had specific detailed information which would prove that some of their contentions were, in fact, backed up by irrefutable primary-source documentation. The discussions revolving around these issues, primarily around the Battle of Denmark Strait, were, at times, quite heated, and although details regarding this powerful evidence were not to my knowledge ever printed here, the authors suggested that this new and conclusive material would eventually be revealed in a new book or paper to be published some time in the future.

I'm particularly curious if any of this sort of material -- often referred to in forum conversations as the 'silver bullet' or some closely-associated term, is indeed included in the new monograph, and if so, how readers on this forum might begin to assess its validity.

Bill Jurens
HMSVF

Post by HMSVF »

Certainly was heated, but it will be interesting to know what the "silver bullet" was. I look forward to hearing on here about it when the details are known!

BW

HMSVF