HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Byron Angel

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Post by Byron Angel »

May 2023 usher in a return to sanity in our chaotic world.

Byron
OpanaPointer

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Post by OpanaPointer »

10191 - 2023 = 8168
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

I’m GUESSING this may relate to some arcana in “Dune”, but no idea of its specific meaning. Please explain!

Byron
RF

Post by RF »

Byron Angel wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:09 pm May 2023 usher in a return to sanity in our chaotic world.

Byron
We can wish it but sadly I can't see things happening at all.

There seems little incentive to do so, if you take the Ukraine war as a yardstick there are no moves to end it, no prospect of negotiatons. The stalemate will drag on.
As Ukraine is now well armed by the NATO countries I find it intriguing that while Russia can target the energy infrastructure of Kiev I am sure that Ukraine has the means of doing so to Moscow, so why are there no moves to take the war to Russia? Is the West holding Ukraine back for fear that a Christmas blackout in Moscow pushes Putin to hit the nuclear button?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
dunmunro

Post by dunmunro »

Yes, happy new year and season's greetings to everyone!
Steve Crandell

Post by Steve Crandell »

RF wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:47 am
Byron Angel wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:09 pm May 2023 usher in a return to sanity in our chaotic world.

Byron
We can wish it but sadly I can't see things happening at all.

There seems little incentive to do so, if you take the Ukraine war as a yardstick there are no moves to end it, no prospect of negotiatons. The stalemate will drag on.
As Ukraine is now well armed by the NATO countries I find it intriguing that while Russia can target the energy infrastructure of Kiev I am sure that Ukraine has the means of doing so to Moscow, so why are there no moves to take the war to Russia? Is the West holding Ukraine back for fear that a Christmas blackout in Moscow pushes Putin to hit the nuclear button?
My guess is that Ukraine doesn't consider striking Moscow to be in their best interests. Their best chance of victory is to turn the Russian people who matter against Putin, and striking Moscow might have the effect of turning the common citizen against Ukraine. There is also the fact that the US still isn't willing to give them the long range HIMARS missile, but even if they had that I think they would use it against Russian military targets.
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

Finally sober enough to reply. Don't let your hillbilly cousins provide the refreshments. Just sayin'. :shock: :oops: :negative:
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
I'm a bit late as we are now half way into January, but Happy New year anyway.
Looking forward to more debates in 2023.