Looking for the Lindemann Book by Grützner

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Joe100

Looking for the Lindemann Book by Grützner

Post by Joe100 »

Greetings!

After a fairly exhaustive search across Germany, and contacting the original publisher, I still can’t get my hands on a copy of the Lindemann biography by Grützner. My last hope is that someone here has a copy they’d be willing to sell, or loan to me.

I’ve looked everywhere, and sadly even copies that say “in stock” turn out to not be in stock after I’ve ordered them. Very frustrating.

You folks are my last hope!

Thanks!!

Joe
Joe100

Re: Looking for the Lindemann Book by Grützner

Post by Joe100 »

Perhaps I should be a little less cagey and sweeten the deal a bit.

I’ve been in touch with the Lindemann family, and they have turned over to me dozens and dozens of documents, film, and photos. Most of which relate to Bismarck, including a very interesting photo of Lindemann speaking with Oels. In this treasure trove of documents is his last correspondence home before Bismarck sails.

Of course this is book-worthy, and I am in the middle of writing this book. However, I am in need to the book listed above, as it fills in some of his service details that I don’t have. So, the faster I can receive this book, the faster I can complete the manuscript for the book, and the faster you can all see MANY new photos of Bismarck and Lindemann, not to mention read his last letter home.

Thanks again for your consideration!

Joe

Oh and perhaps if someone were to loan it to me, it might be returned with a little photographic surprise inside when the book is returned….
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Hello,
This book used to be available in Ebay.de a few years ago.
I suggest you check that regularly as it may appear again.
Good luck!
Joe100

Post by Joe100 »

Sadly I have been, for 8 months now. All of the usual avenues and channels, used book stores in Germany, eBay international and eBay Germany. I’ve even asked the original publisher for a reprint… nothing.

Hopefully someone here will loan me the book or sell it to me. For a loan, I would only need it for a week or two, enough time to read it and make notes. It would be returned swiftly with a little present, perhaps something of a photographic nature, never before seen.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Where are you living?
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
Joe100

Post by Joe100 »

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I’m in the USA, I’ll gladly pay for postage, and a little extra for your time.
aaz57

Post by aaz57 »

hallo,maybe,cant this mail your help !//www.zinnfigur.com/fr/Livres-et-m-dias/L ... -1941.html
Joe100

Post by Joe100 »

Thank you. Thankfully I’ve got this sorted. I contacted the folks in the link you provided almost a year ago, no luck.