Treason

Anything else you want to talk about.
paul.mercer

Treason

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
i would welcome your opinions on this point.
As you have no doubt read, we in the UK (as well as on the Continent) have suffered numerous attacks by terrorists, many of whom are nationalized UK citizens several of whom have been let out of prison after serving only half or part of their sentence.
My question is this, should attacks like these regarded as an attack on the nation and the perpetrators be charged under treason laws and if found guilty serve a life sentence without reprieve. as I personally do not believe that trying to rehabilitate these jihadis will ever be successful.
Unfortunately, the ultimate sentence for treason (death by hanging) was removed from he statute books around 20 years ago, (I believe the law for this also covered piracy) but i think that there are a growing number of people who would like it restored for terrorist offences, as this is very unlikely to happen, a proper life sentence is still available and should be used.
What do you think?
Byron Angel

Re: Treason

Post by Byron Angel »

Hi Paul,
I would suggest that the treason rests not with the imported domestic terrorists who today walk the streets of Great Britain, but with the politicians and bureaucrats who opened wide the floodgates to them in the first place. Methinks that, if THAT treason problem is first addressed, efficacious remedies for the terror crimes can be re-implemented with little difficulty.

Strictly my opinion, of course.

B
hans zurbriggen

Post by hans zurbriggen »

Hello,
I agree with Mr. Angel. True treason (masked by pseudo humanitarian reasons) was committed at much higher levels and in all countries.
Motive was to favour immigration in order to lower labor cost (thus our own salaries, a double treason).
Traitors were financial powers, more than politic representatives (just passive traitors), however, in my humble opinion.

hans
RF

Post by RF »

EU law forbids UK restoration of the death penalty and the UK ceasing membership will not change that because the EU law was transcribed into UK law.

Whether a terrorist is charged with treason is up to the Attorney General and the Crown Prosecution Service. For political reasons this will never happen, so whatever I think is academic.

Even if there were prosecutions for treason it would still be up to the jury to convict the accused, in a politically charged situation that becomes a tall order.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.