Bismarck and Prinz Eugen are joined by Tirpitz

Historical what if discussions, hypothetical operations, battleship vs. battleship engagements, design your own warship, etc.
iankw

Post by iankw »

So sorry, I didn't realise you had been given the job of moderator on this forum. I could point out several of your posts that have brought nothing to a discusssion, just applauded someone for putting down someone else (usually lwd, who also seems to disagree with assumptions being made). I would say people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, if I thought you had any chance of understanding what I meant!!!

I was making a general point about AH scenarios, not just this one. As I said maybe I just shouldn't read them. You can go back to your pram now!
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

:silenced: NO, that is an exellent point. I was just trying to prod you into going into greater detail of how we can fix this. My last post came out wrong.

I do believe that we have the tendancy to give the German fleet the upper hand, besides the fact they usually didn't (why don't we ask Hitler why?).

:think: In light of this fact, maybe scenarios should be made. Fairly, one person each will get either the Axis Fleet, or the Allied fleet. Using what sources were available at the time, how can you do your mission the most efficient. This may be like a twisted Battleship (the game), but I think it would help us realize how much credit we are giving to the Nazis.
RF

Re:

Post by RF »

Ramius wrote:....This may be like a twisted Battleship (the game), but I think it would help us realize how much credit we are giving to the Nazis.
Don't overlook the fact that most of the personel in the Kriegsmarine, particulary the senior officers, were not nazis.
This started to change as the war progressed, from junior ranks working upwards as seamen joined post Hitler Youth indoctrination. But in 1941 the KM was not nazi inculcated as unlike the Heer or Luftwaffe it didn't have nazi political appointees or the SS standing over it.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.