China and the Biden Administration

Military News and current conflicts. Middle East, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
RF

China and the Biden Administration

Post by RF » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:43 pm

With the new US administration settling in and Red China seeking to increase its influence and economic power in the world, and in Asia in particular, I was wondering at the prospects of a major, deliberate challenge to the USA by China in the form of an invasion of Taiwan.

Previous US administrations made it clear that the US would oppose such an invasion, but what about now or the next few years? Would such a Chinese invasion produce a military response from the US or would the scenario be more like the invasion of Portuguese Goa by India in the early 1960's where Portugal, although a member of NATO, was left on its own and humiliatingly removed from its colonial territory?

If the US does contest an invasion of Taiwan then what impact would it have in Korea? If China invades successfully does North Korea, with Chinese military support, invade South Korea?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.

paul.mercer

Re: China and the Biden Administration

Post by paul.mercer » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 am

Hi RF,
Yes, it could be a very tricky situation, possibly almost WW3, but I think Biden is a bit of a 'dove', Trump would probably go in and nuke them!
I think that China is starting to flex its military muscles and will eventually take over Taiwan. Whether Kim Jon would then invade South Korea is
debatable, North Korea relies very heavily on China for almost everything and I'm sure had a calming influence on Kim when he was starting to get aggressive because they knew Trump was unpredictable and would not hesitate to take action against them if he was pushed too far.
I think China is biding its time as it values the trade that it does with the rest of the world and is not yet ready to take on the USA and it's allies (which almost certainly include GB), but in time it will start to push out in an attempt to increase its power, but the interesting question will be what will Russia do as it has borders by China and no doubt keeps keeps a very suspicious eye on what China is up to and must be worried about China's increasing military strength?
China and North Korea versus the US, Russia and a few other countries from the rest of the world (I don't include the EU as it could not organize itself for the proverbial P up in a brewery!), Oh dear, WW3?

RF

Post by RF » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:33 pm

You would also possibly have to add India to the equation, which in turn drags in Pakistan.....
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.

Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 am

Don't forget Japan. The whole reason Japan was in Korea and Manchuria 100+ years ago was because what happens in Korea finds its way across the strait to Kyushu and then to Honshu. Since the war, Japan and South Korea, and Taiwan, have been protected by the US nuclear umbrella. It has brought a stability that we take for granted.

With this bunch of idiots we are on the edge of an abyss.
Yes, it could be a very tricky situation, possibly almost WW3, but I think Biden is a bit of a 'dove',
You are being far too kind. It doesn't matter, though, about Dementia Joe's dysfunctional cognitive capabilities, because he's just a puppet on a string. And who are the puppet masters of the Zou Bai-den illegitimacy? Why the people who bought and paid for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0_AC3En_0

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chin ... -krqxhk9rd
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.

Steve Crandell

Post by Steve Crandell » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 am

I keep coming back to this board because it mostly seems to stay away from the really nasty posts one sees on some of the other boards. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:56 pm

What has occurred and continues to occur is absolutely unacceptable. Not only is it just about a monumentally stupid policy agenda. Not only was the coup d eta unacceptable, but also the trampling of US Constitution in its wake. Unless there is free speech for all, including unpolite speech, there is no free speech. To fight back, it now more important than ever to use impolite speech when describing these scoundrels who occupy the halls of a illegitimate government. These scoundrels deserve no honor or respect and they will get none from me.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.