A WW3 scenario

Military News and current conflicts. Middle East, Syria, Ukraine, etc.
Byron Angel

Re: A WW3 scenario

Post by Byron Angel »

Hi Paul,
I myself frankly do not know the details of what has been reported as Putin's "Euroasian" corridor. Your post is the first reference to it I have seen. Is it related to the "Nordstream" natural gas pipelines? Dunno.

My problem here, as I have referenced in previous posts, is that I manifestly and categorically distrust ANYTHING being reported by a nonsensical global mainstream media. IMO, we all might as well be reading Goebbels' "Volkischer Beobachter".

Byron
RF

Post by RF »

paul.mercer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 am Gentlemen,
..... Putin originally stated that he wanted to take back all the Russia had lost, in a more recent statement he apparently said he wanted to establish a Euroasian corridor (whatever that is) from Moscow to Lisbon! Surely anyone coming out with this sort of stuff has got to be a bit demented. Surely and his senior military and civil advisors (who are not fools) must begin to realise how dangerous he is becoming to world peace and may consider taking action to prevent it?
This is just propaganda, designed to intimidate and provoke a reaction.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

Go here - https://www.thepostil.com/the-military- ... an-update/

for an alternate interpretation of the Ukraine situation.
Offered for general interest and consideration.
Draw your own conclusions.

B
RF

Post by RF »

I think the analysis therein makes sense and does highlight the Russian objectives.

But it is not too late for the Ukrainians to appreciate the true situation, which the latest comments of their president seem to suggest that they are.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

RF wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 am I think the analysis therein makes sense and does highlight the Russian objectives.

But it is not too late for the Ukrainians to appreciate the true situation, which the latest comments of their president seem to suggest that they are.
The problem (IMO) is not so much with Zelensky as it is with Kolomoisky and Soros. We’ll see, but I’m not very hopeful. As someone acerbically put it in the last few days, these people will fight to the very last Ukrainian.

Hope I’m wrong.

B
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Byron Angel wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:35 pm Go here - https://www.thepostil.com/the-military- ... an-update/

B
Hi Byron,
Thanks for posting the link, it made very interesting but possibly one sided reading. There seems to be little doubt that the Ukrainian forces have inflicted fairly heavy losses on the Russians, possibly because many are inexperienced conscripts, but it would seem that this is not being communicated to the Russian public who, as perhaps being reported in western news are not being told the whole story. However it would appear that some of the western armaments, particularly the anti tank ones have been very effective.
I wonder if Putin's reference to nuclear weapons and the latest missile trial as well as threats towards western nations supplying arms is just bluster.
I don't believe he has gone mad, so surely he must know that NATO has in total a vastly superior number of men and weapons - including nukes and that if he used them first or even hinted a first use it would result in the total destruction of Russia and of course many parts of the west as well although some of the western countries would remain and eventually recover, whereas Russia may not. Is he really prepared to take that risk?
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

paul.mercer wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:19 pm
Byron Angel wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:35 pm Go here - https://www.thepostil.com/the-military- ... an-update/

B
Hi Byron,
Thanks for posting the link, it made very interesting but possibly one sided reading. There seems to be little doubt that the Ukrainian forces have inflicted fairly heavy losses on the Russians, possibly because many are inexperienced conscripts, but it would seem that this is not being communicated to the Russian public who, as perhaps being reported in western news are not being told the whole story. However it would appear that some of the western armaments, particularly the anti tank ones have been very effective.
I wonder if Putin's reference to nuclear weapons and the latest missile trial as well as threats towards western nations supplying arms is just bluster.
I don't believe he has gone mad, so surely he must know that NATO has in total a vastly superior number of men and weapons - including nukes and that if he used them first or even hinted a first use it would result in the total destruction of Russia and of course many parts of the west as well although some of the western countries would remain and eventually recover, whereas Russia may not. Is he really prepared to take that risk?

Hi Paul,
The USSR suffered (according to western sources) a total of approximately 15,000 dead in its nine year war in Afghanistan. How many Russian dead are being claimed by the Ukrainian government in three (?) months of fighting - 20,000? Either the Ukrainian government and the major western media organs are lying or Herr Baud is lying. Given Herr Baud's credentials, I suspect that his account is closer to the truth.

Of course, YMMV.

Byron

RF

Post by RF »

paul.mercer wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:19 pm Is he really prepared to take that risk?
The bluffer having his bluff called ??

More importantly - are the Russian commanders whose finger would be on the nuclear button going to go for first strike?

Or do we get a Russian version of The Crimson Tide ?