Vol. #3 A J Press series on the Bismarck/Tirpitz

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
AlanGriffis

Vol. #3 A J Press series on the Bismarck/Tirpitz

Post by AlanGriffis »

Hello Everyone: I have been searching and searching for Vol. 3 of this great series. Been lucky enough to find 1, 2, 4 and 5 but not 3. I have looked everwhere including A J Press itself. Can anyone help me? I would gladly trade one or two of my children for a new copy. Thanks alot, Alan
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

A few potential sources come up in Google "Pancerniki Typu Bismarck cz 3"
Ulrich
Mircalla

Post by Mircalla »

HI Alan, did you have any luck? I am trying to find part 1 and 3....

Mircalla
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Regarding AJ Press:

I'd like to find a copy of #8 - Admiral Graf Spee & Admiral Scheer and #9 - Deutschland/Lutzow, Admiral Graf Spee & Admiral Scheer. Anybody have any leads?

About a month ago, I narrowly lost out on eBay on a copy of #1 - Bismarck. I won't let that happen again!

FYI, there is a copy of #22, K-Class Cruisers, listed on eBay right now.

Derf
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

I would never, never go to eBay. Try a good book dealer in Germany or the USA like Christian Schmidt in München or Jens Gnewuch in Berlin......etc., These books are not that rare. Even if they are not listed, these fellows have connections and sniff them out for you.

http://www.christian-schmidt.com

or http://www.collnav.de

Or try alibris or abebooks online
Ulrich
JasonGawker

Re: Vol. #3 A J Press series on the Bismarck/Tirpitz

Post by JasonGawker »

Hey,

Yeah, read it and it's an important piece of the puzzle of Bismarck. A lot of highly enriching and informative story, and discussion of course. I've got it from here, and I recommend it of course to all forum members and people who may be interested in this type of thing.

Jason
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Re: Vol. #3 A J Press series on the Bismarck/Tirpitz

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Forum members often voice negative comments about using eBay - I don't understand why, as I have regularly used eBay with great success to both buy and sell items for my naval history hobby and US railroad hobby interests, plus other things from time to time, for almost ten years now. After some 800-900 buying/selling transactions, I've only had a serious problem two times - on items I sold, and both times the eBay system resolved it in my favor.

I find it is wise to stay in touch with what is listed on eBay, in particular for naval books. Let me offer you an example from just the past two weeks:

An eBay member in the western United States decided to sell off an extensive AJ Press collection - by extensive, I mean some 90+ AJ Press volumes! The books were noted to be in excellent condition. The three I bought, noted below, were indeed in excellent condition, and I'm delighted with them.

In addition to many AJ Press aircraft, tank, and world navy titles, the following AJ Press titles pertaining to the Kriegsmarine were listed for sale two weeks ago at a reasonable, below list, offering price:

AJ MM #1: Bismarck (the first AJ Press naval book) - I got it at the offering price
AJ MM #7: German Pocket Battleships #1 - Deutschland/Lutzow - Already had it in my collection, somebody else bought it
AJ MM #8: German Pocket Battleships #2 - Admiral Scheer/Admiral Graf Spee - I won it after a spirited bidding fight, $$!
AJ MM #9: German Pocket Battleships #3 - More Lutzow/Scheer/Graf Spee - I won it after a brief bidding fight
EOW #10: U-Boat #1 - I had it, still available (relisted)
EOW #11: U-boat #2 - ditto above
EOW #12: U-Boat #3 - I had it, somebody else bought it
EOW #13: U-Boat #4 - ditto above
EOW #15: Bismarck/Tirpitz #1 - ditto above
EOW #16: Bismarck/Tirpitz #2 - ditto above
EOW #17: Bismarck/Tirpitz #3 - ditto above
EOW #18: Bismarck/Tirpitz #4 - ditto above
EOW #19: Bismarck/Tirpitz #5 - ditto above
EOW #22: K-Class Cruisers #1 - ditto above
EOW #23: K-Class Cruisers #2 - ditto above
EOW #33: Hipper Class Cruisers #1 - ditto above
EOW #41: Leipzig - ditto above

As a result, with my three purchases, I now have my AJ Press library complete for all the Kriegsmarine ships they have published. The books arrived quickly and safely via USPS Priority Mail last Friday. I never thought I'd get a chance at the last two Panzerschiffe books for sure!

It pays to keep an eye on eBay!

Now I need to work on my Polish reading skills!

Derf

ps: And, we need to get AJ Press to think about doing a series on Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Emden and Nurnberg to round out the DKM big ship fleet, plus do the Zerstorer fleet.