A New Line of 1:700 sacle German "Never Were"

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
bgire

A New Line of 1:700 sacle German "Never Were"

Post by bgire »

Hello All :D

This might interest some of you modelers,
Detlef Hartwig of Germany launched a new line of resin 1:700 scale waterline "Never Weres" of the German Navy from the period 1914-1945.
His models are based on archives plans and sketches of proposed units which were either cancelled or never built.
The kits come under the "apprentice" style, that is: main parts are supplied with a plan and it's to the modeller to scratch details, masts, etc...
Some accessories are also included: torpedo tubes, turrets, range finders.

The first two ships have just been prepared for an early September production:

A 1938 Diesel Light Cruiser (Leichter Kreuzer) project armed with three triple 150mm turrets:

A 1941 Flotten Torpedoboot project which would have succeeded the actual destroyers:

I'm the guy who did the 3D drawings, printed them and prepared the masters and will supervise the castings. I've been supplied by Detlef not less than 12 other projects (destroyers, battleships, carriers) and more to come, for sure. I'm not commercially involved, just a "Never Were" fan who wants to help and share this opportunity.
Should you be interested you may want to contact directly Detlef Hartwig for more info and/or preorder.
His address is sab1156@t-online.de

Thanks for watching.
_Bruno